Oxford Muslim-Christian Summer School

by Russell Winfield -
Number of replies: 0

Part 1: 6th-13th August

Part 2: 6th-8th December 2024

The CMCS Summer School (report & video) is now in its ninth year at the Oxford Centre for Muslim-Christian Studies.  We will again be hosting the 2024 event at Ripon College Cuddeson, set in beautiful countryside just outside of the historic university city of Oxford. We have a network of 115 alumni from over a dozen Christian seminaries and half a dozen Muslim colleges, many with great stories to tell of their time in Oxford. Here are a couple of testimonials:

“Inter-faith dialogue is all a bit wishy-washy, isn't it? I used to think so. It seemed a futile attempt at squaring the circle. This summer school has helped me see otherwise” (a Christian student).

“Thank you for the best week I have spent in education! I hope the relationships we have built will last long into the future and we can support one another in our respective fields” (a Muslim student).

The summer school is designed for Christian and Muslim theological students and early career faith leaders.  Applicants must be practising members of a Christian or Muslim community of any tradition or denomination.  The programme includes lectures, workshops and tutorials led by Christian and Muslim academics which will explore sacred texts, shared history and contemporary issues.  The School is residential (at Ripon College Cuddesdon, Oxford) offering a unique opportunity to get to know one another over meals, during free time and punting on the river! The summer school is followed by a reunion weekend in December which forms an integral part of the learning and relationship building.

Applicants must be based in the UK and be students or recent graduates at an Islamic or Christian theological college training for or in the early stages of vocational, faith-based careers in the UK. These may include faith leadership, youth work, interfaith work or teaching. 

Application deadline 30th April 2024. Selection and confirmation of places will only take place after that date. Payment will then be required to secure your place.

Ordinands taking Durham Common Awards can now attend the Summer School in fulfilment of the module ‘Christian Theology in Encounter with Other Faiths (TMM2747)’, administered by Ripon College Cuddesdon. Students should enquire on application for more details.

For more details contact summerschool@cmcsoxford.org.uk

Apply at http://cmcsoxford.org.uk/studying/summer-courses/